About Me

My photo
Dear students, I´m really happy to have the opportunity of helping u to improve your English. I hope u enjoy yourselves developing your knowledge by different way. Remember!!!! THE MORE U PRACTICE THE MORE U LEARN!!!

July 18, 2010

be careful when you say......

Chinese Style: Don't step on the grass.
American Style: Keep off the grass.


Chinese Style: I get my salary twice a month.
American Style: I get paid twice a month.


Chinese Style: Would you like a drink ?
American Style: Would you like something to drink ?


Chinese Style: Let me examine your pulse.
American Style: Let me feel your pulse.


Chinese Style: I have no exercise talent.
American Style: I am not athletic.


Chinese Style: Don't expect me too much.
American Style: Don't expect too much from (of ) me.


Chinese Style: I forget my hat in the house.
American Style: I left my hat in the house.


Chinese Style: I have a free time.
American Style: I am free.


Chinese Style: The sun rises from the East.
American Style: The sun rises in the East.


Chinese Style: The thief got in from the window.
American Style: The thief got in through the window.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment